May 5, 2008

Grandma's Passing


In mid-March, I was blessed with the opportunity to visit with my Grandma just days before her passing. God knew just the exact date and time I needed to be in the States.

It was such a special visit with her. She was waiting for me the night I arrived in her chair in the living room. She greeted me with a hug and her special smile and, of course, patted my tummy aknowledging our baby girl on the way.

The next few days were filled with caring for her and spending time with her until she was asleep for the night. I especially remember the day I had my turn caring for her alone when we read her healing scriptures together. I feel blessed to have had that special "moment" with her.

The days passed, and I was able to experience her death on Palm Sunday and her funeral and burial on Good Friday. I am so thankful for the timing of God to give this gift to me. It is a visit with my family I will cherish forever.

I love you Grandma!
~April

No comments: