August 18, 2009

Four Nations in Four Months!

It’s coming like a whirlwind! We are headed to Colombia, Honduras, Brazil, and Mexico. We’ll be in a different country for each month between now and December. I wanted to write a brief description of what we’ll be doing in each place, and how you can help pray for us:

1st Colombia: I’m leaving today for Colombia and will be gone until the 1st of September. The first part of the trip will be with a team from Real Family Fellowship. I’ll be helping them while they bring a fresh approach on training Children’s and Youth Pastors in the city of Cali, Colombia. We’ll also find some great opportunities for evangelism while building relationships with the local pastors and missionaries there. After the group heads back to the States, I’ll head over to the seminary in Bogata for a few days. I can’t wait!!!!
Pray: It is not the safest city on the planet, but there are some precious souls that need Jesus as well as some courageous missionaries and pastors that need some help. We don’t really know what all to expect, so pray that the Holy Spirit will open the right doors, and protect us along the way. Things not only work out, they get incredible when He steps in!

2nd Honduras: I’ve wanted to go with Kent and the gang from my home church for years to visit the Nuevo Esperanza Feeding Center. They are bringing literally hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of medical supplies and food! I’m so glad to get to be a part of their ministry and help in anyway I can. We arrive on September 19th, but I plan on staying over to travel to one of our Bible schools in Honduras after the group leaves.
Pray: Honduras is a country of unrest these days. Our main mission is to give a cup of cold water to the thirsty souls living there. What a great time to declare the love and peace of God during such a time of turmoil! Pray for our protection and favor with the people and the powers-that-be. The new presidential elections are scheduled for October, after we leave. Pray for a peaceful conclusion to a difficult time. I’m still trying to get into one or more of the schools there. I’ve waited as long as I can to buy the tickets, and now I’ll have to make the arrangements from Colombia. I need favor, cheap airfare, good communication lines from Colombia, and some open doors.

3rd Brazil: We’ve been looking forward to the international conference of Christian Educators for a while, FIEL. We will be not only with some of the South American guys that I already know and love, but with all the leaders of the Central American Countries, the Caribbean, and Mexico! More doors, more schools, more influence, more students, more souls saved!!! Need I say more for October?
Pray: For direction and unity during the meetings. Pray for the new Latin American missionary sending agency that you can call “Amy” in English. I’m still looking for a school to teach at on the way home, pray a door opens!

4th Mexico: Mexico is blessed with some great leaders who are as excited about producing Latin American Missionaries as I am. I can’t wait to be with them at the mission conference as well as the new School in Guadalajara! Is Mexico cool in November?
Pray: For the new school, the teachers, the students, and the leaders in Mexico. Pray for open doors for the new missionaries, and for favor. Pray that a cheap route will open up for us to be connected frequently to a school that is only a 2 hour flight from Dallas.

We’re so excited for the season ahead! I love getting to teach and to help other groups minister, especially those who can help us train other pastors and missionaries. We’ll be back in the States for December & January, during the “summer break” of our schools! If you have an opening at your church during this time, please let us know. We’d love to come and share with your church family what we are doing, and how you can help!

Blessings,
Matt
817-764-0176
matthewjett@gmail.com
majett@juno.com
facebook: Matt Jett

No comments: