February 13, 2009

Tour of the Semisud Campus: just for FUN

I thought I'd give you a brief view of the Seminary in Ecuador. If this goes well, I'll post some photos of the other schools as well.

Left: One of my mission classes is taking a 5 minute break. aka: "I'm trying to regroup my Spanish thoughts!"

Right: Although we do have projectors and computers, sometimes a teacher just likes a good ol' white board & markers!



"Doot, Doot, Doot, looking out my back door!" This is the view from most of the class rooms in the new World Missions Building. If it wasn't too cold or too hot, I liked to teach with that huge window wide open! Oh wait, this was Ecuador where it is 70 degrees every single day of the year. So, I liked to teach with that thing open! You'll have to look at some other post about the country. One area where South and Central America does not lack is beautiful landscapes.



We also work with the local churches by offering training seminars, preaching, service projects, etc...





The following are some fun videos that will help give you an idea of what I think is one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. You may remember the WYEA and other projects that many of us supported to help construct some of the buildings you'll see. When I was first there 12 years ago, there were only 2 small shacks on campus. See how it's changed.


Kitchen, Dining Hall, & Dormitories

Administration Building

Library & Auditorium

Chapel

Student's Question

Garden steps from Dorms: the Dining Hall is on the left & Administration is on the right.
There are park benches, gardens, waterfalls, a sand-pit-volleyball court, and a soccer field scattered across the campus.

No comments: